What information do we collect?
- We collect information from Facebook about users or Fan pages only when you you click the download button.
- We ask your permission before downloading any sensitive data that needs your approval. You can revoke the granted permissions to our application in the same way you do so for other Facebook apps.
- Only the data that you specify in the GUI is downloaded.
- User IDs are not displayed in the results according to Facebook Platform Policies
https://developers.facebook.com/policy/. They are only used for internal purposes and then deleted.
- Your login credentials are not stored anywhere and are not processed through our application. When you login you are automatically redirected to the Facebook login page.
- We do not store any information you download from Facebook, all data is downloaded and displayed to the user's client.
What do we use your information for?
- We do not store any information downloaded from Facebook. The client uses this information to build a social network map and related reports. We do not use your information. We provide a tool that allows you to use your information.
How do we protect your information?
- We do not store any of your information. This tool is a conduit for accessing Facebook data and providing it to the end user on their own desktop. Your data is protected by the measures users take to secure their files and documents.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
No. At no point is your data delivered to anyone but you, the end user. We have no information about our users collected through this component.
Third party links
This tool downloads data that may contain links to third party services. The tool itself does not in any way insert its own or alter any collected data.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not collect or distribute your personal information to outside parties.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone (of any age including under 13 years of age). Our website, products and services are directed to people of all ages.
We do not collect email addresses using the tool.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website by clicking here.
This policy was last modified on July 3, 2012
Social Media Research Foundation
marc at smrfoundation dot org