Error when importing from Facebook Fan Page Network

May 3, 2015 at 2:24 PM
Edited May 3, 2015 at 2:25 PM
Hello all,

I've already used NodeXL and the SocialNetImporter for a term paper back in February and everything worked fine. Now I need it to create data for my bachelor thesis. I've downloaded and installed both NodeXL and the SocialNetImporter again today but I'm receiving an error message every time I try to import data from a Facebook Fan Page Network.

I firstly selected these options for the import:

And received this error message (and I've tried it several times and it always came up!)

I also tried importing with these options:
It starts working then, but stalls at the end of Step 2 and then, after a while I get the same error message as above.

Anyone knows why this happens and how I can prevent it from happening and make it work?
Quick answers are greatly appreciated.

Btw, the page I try importing from is this one: https://www.facebook.com/BVB.News?ref=ts&fref=ts (It's a German one)
May 7, 2015 at 8:57 AM
Anyone who could help me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
May 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM
Hi!

Try this (it worked with me).

You need to put your your operating system units format in english (United States).
Coordinator
May 15, 2015 at 3:03 PM
Hello Hannah,

we are investigating the Facebook related problems that came up after they officially removed API 1.0 on 30th of April.

Regards,
Arber
Coordinator
May 15, 2015 at 5:14 PM
Hello again Hannah,

I noticed that the fan page you specified does not have any post from 1st of May until 6 of May and you have specified in your importer the date 2nd of May. I tried downloading data from 13th of May - Today and the import was successful.

Please try again with different dates and if you encounter any problem write to us.

Regards,
Arber