Facebook Import Error - The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:29 PM
Edited Feb 22, 2015 at 11:31 PM
Edited because I apparently still thought it was the year 2014...

Hi,
I'm getting an error while trying to import Facebook Data. Here's the message:
---------------------------
SocialNetImporter
The network couldn't be obtained. If the problem persists please copy the following message and report it to http://socialnetimporter.codeplex.com/discussions. 

Details:

[KeyNotFoundException]: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkCreator.CreatePostVertices(VertexCollection& oVertices) in D:\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkCreators\FacebookFanPageNetworkCreator.cs:line 278

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkCreator.CreateVertices(VertexCollection& oVertices) in D:\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkCreators\FacebookFanPageNetworkCreator.cs:line 142

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkCreator.CreateNetwork(VertexCollection& oVertices, EdgeCollection& oEdges) in D:\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkCreators\FacebookFanPageNetworkCreator.cs:line 71

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.GetFanPageNetworkInternal(String sAccessToken, FacebookFanPageModel oModel) in D:\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkAnalyzers\Facebook\FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.cs:line 237

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in D:\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkAnalyzers\Facebook\FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.cs:line 851

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
OK   
Environment:
  • Office 2013 x64 with all updates as of 02/22/2015.
  • NodeXL Version: NodeXL Excel Template 2014 (Release Feb 16, 2015 / Changeset 73721)
  • Social Network Importer Version: 1.94 (Release Feb 6, 2015)
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Open the NodeXL Template
  2. NodeXL -> Import -> Facebook Fan Page
  3. Login
  4. Option: Fanpage: 124538257638982 (TheNealStephenson)
  5. Option: Verticies: Post
  6. Option: Relationship: Like
  7. All other options default
  8. Click 'Download'
Expected Results: Excel is populated.
Actual Results: Exception thrown (text above).

Additional Information:
Here are the results from trying different option combinations:
  • user & like works
  • user & comment works
  • user & like & comment works
  • post & like failed
  • post & comment failed
  • post & like & comment failed
It seems like there's a problem with downloading and processing posts. This also happens to me when using the facebook personal and timeline network import feature.

I'm very new to NodeXL, so I apologize if I'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks!