Problem with post network

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:39 PM

When I check (in Network Vertices) Post option and I tried download some data from Facebook this communicate appear. How can I fix it?

SocialNetImporter

The network couldn't be obtained. If the problem persists please copy the following message and report it to http://socialnetimporter.codeplex.com/discussions.

Details:

[NullReferenceException]: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.Edge.GetHashCode() in D:\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\Network\Edge.cs:line 126

at System.Collections.Generic.ObjectEqualityComparer1.GetHashCode(T obj)

at System.Collections.Generic.HashSet
1.InternalGetHashCode(T item)

at System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1.AddIfNotPresent(T value)

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkCreator.CreateUserCreatedPostEdges(EdgeCollection& oEdges, VertexCollection& oVertices) in D:\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkCreators\FacebookFanPageNetworkCreator.cs:line 549

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkCreator.CreateEdges(EdgeCollection& oEdges, VertexCollection& oVertices) in D:\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkCreators\FacebookFanPageNetworkCreator.cs:line 517

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkCreator.CreateNetwork(VertexCollection& oVertices, EdgeCollection& oEdges) in D:\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkCreators\FacebookFanPageNetworkCreator.cs:line 72

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.GetFanPageNetworkInternal(String sAccessToken, FacebookFanPageModel oModel) in D:\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkAnalyzers\Facebook\FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.cs:line 237

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in D:\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkAnalyzers\Facebook\FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.cs:line 850

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

OK

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Hello,

can you please send me a screenshot of the option you selected in the importer so I can try and reproduce the error?

Regards,
Arber
Nov 3, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Welcome,

I send you screenshot with options which I have chosen: Click here

Best
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Hello,

we are fixing the bug. There will be an update in the upcoming 2-3 days.

Regards,
Arber
Nov 7, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Welcome,

Thanks for help. When are you planning to fix the problem? Are you publishing info about new version of program?
Best
B
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Edited Nov 13, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Hello,

there is an updated version of the importer which can be downloaded from https://socialnetimporter.codeplex.com/releases/view/134889

Regards,
Arber
Nov 14, 2014 at 8:26 AM
I'm trying to buid a post network form the fan page of Fiat 500. In both cases (post that have the same liker / commenter) I get a network with users, not posts as vertices !

Any idea ?
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Hello,

in the Vertices worksheet there are User vertices as well as Post vertices. The User vertices are the commenters and likers. You can filter by "Vertex Type" to see only Users or Posts. I tried downloading a network from Fiat 500 fan page and I see only one edge type created which is "User Created Post" and I think this is because there no two posts sharing the same commenter/liker. I checked the first three posts, however if you find two posts with the same commenter/liker and is not included as an edge please tell us so we can debug further.

Regards,
Arber
Nov 15, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Hi Arber, these two posts (the first two posts on Fiat 500 fan page as on 7 pm italian time on the 15th of November):

• “Plenty of room for all the fun you dream of having. Take a seat! #500LLiving”
• “Golden autumn, color matching boots and feet happily in the air! Ekaterina is celebrating the first fall of her loved 500 and deserves to be the #500oftheweek! What’s the matching accessory to your 500? Share you photos on our wall! My Italian expat celebrating his first fall in Saint Petersburg, Russia”

have at least one common liker: “Arber Ceni”

Please let me know…