Possible Fix for Common Issue?

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Hello !

I have no programming background and just basic programming knowledge, but I'm going to take a wild shot on suggesting a method for breaking the limitation (importing large sets of data) of the Social Network Importer.

So the problem is that you would like to do an analysis on two weeks of data from a fan page, let's call it X. Well, because X has so much fan activity, NodeXL can only import a week's worth of data. Actually, if you can import a week of data right now, that means that after 7 days you would be able to do the same thing again, generating a new set of data for the second week.

So, is there any way to easily compile these two sets of data into one big set?

The two weeks time frame is just an example, I`m thinking of extrapolating this method on an indefinite time frame.

If the solution already exists, than all our problems are already solved ! I tried manually setting up the big dataset in excel, but it's too complicated.

Have a good day !
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Hello,

thank you very much for using SocialNetImporter.
I know that there is a merge workbook functionality in NodeXL, but I am not sure if it will do the work in this case.
I think it is better to ask this question in the nodexl discussion forum because it is a NodeXL related feature and there you can get a more correct answer.

Regards,

Arber