Facebook fan page import problem with NodeXL

Nov 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Edited Nov 21, 2012 at 5:30 AM

Hi,

I installed the latest version of NodeXL and Social Net Importer.

Whenever I try to collect data from Facebook fan page, the error message below pops up.

The options were set as default except that I tried the 'User-post network' option.

When I did this with 'Uni-modal network' options, it worked perfectly.

Could you look into it?

Best,

Jinseok

---------------------------NodeXL---------------------------An unexpected problem occurred.  If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http://www.codeplex.com/NodeXL/Thread/List.aspx.

Details:

[XmlException]: The key id "Image" exists for two keys.  Key id values must be unique.

at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphMLGraphAdapter.ParseGraphMLAttributeDefinitions(XmlNode oGraphMLXmlNode, XmlNamespaceManager oXmlNamespaceManager)
   at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphMLGraphAdapter.LoadGraphCore(Stream stream)
   at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphAdapterBase.LoadGraphFromStream(Stream stream)
   at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphAdapterBase.LoadGraphFromFile(String filename)
   at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.PlugInManager.TryGetGraphFromGraphDataProvider(Object graphDataProvider, IGraph& graph)
   at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.ThisWorkbook.ImportFromGraphDataProvider(Object graphDataProvider)---------------------------OK   ---------------------------

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Hi,

I tried to re-install the previous version of Social Net Importer(v. 1.5) and found out that it worked to import 'User-post network' successfully.

I think there might be a problem with the latest version of Social Net Importer.

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Hello,

we fixed the reported bug and replace the importer with a new one.

Please re-download version 1.6.1 and retry.

Regards,

Arber

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Dear Arber,

Thank you very much for your help.

The problem has been fixed.

Regards,

Jinseok

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Sorry, I just downloaded the module today, I got the same error. any idea?

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Hello,

Can you please specify the options you selected (fan page name/ID, network type and nr of posts downloaded) so we can try to debug?

Regards,

Arber

Dec 1, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Hi Arber,

I uploaded the print screen on my skydrive - http://sdrv.ms/UgsNvM

Jack

Sep 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM
I have the same problem with importer 1.7.1 fan page or personal page. Duplicate values for keys.
Or else is just imports 6 or 2 records. Page ID is 8967250732, but it does it for all those I've tried.

In fact is is true to say that I have not successfully imported anything from anywhere so far.

I'd appreciate any help you an offer.

Thanks,
Chris
Sep 7, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Perhaps I should add - I can't get it to "find" my pages. I enter the ID. It starts the "looking" moving circle icon, but I ignore that, click LOGIN then DOWNLOAD from underneath it. Perhaps that's not normal? I've never seen what normal looks like.
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2013 at 3:08 PM
UPDATED: Social Network Importer for NodeXL (v.1.8) - Download Facebook personal, fan, & group networks w/ a click - http://bit.ly/1aQb0bu
Sep 30, 2013 at 3:35 PM
hi,
I have the same error as above for SNI v.1.8 for:
  • facebook page fan - the key id "content" exists for two keys (all options checked) PageID=120640037963305
  • facebook group fan - the key id "image" exists for two keys (all options checked)
Thanks,
Catalin
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Hello,

we are planning to release a new version in the upcoming days which will include new features and fixes for the reported bugs.

Thanks for your precious feedback!

Regards,
Arber
Oct 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Hi, I also download the plugin today and there is a bug. I don't succeed in Facebook import.I tried several options, but a pop-up says "Security announcement" when I login. And then it is impossible to download.

I have also one question : Is it possible to know who are most active fans on a fanpage ? Thank you very much.
Coordinator
Oct 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Hello all,

a new version (1.9) has been released today which fixes the reported bugs and includes some new features.

Regards,
Arber
Oct 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Edited Oct 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Hi thanks for this new version ! It works now :-)