Network couldn´t be obtained

May 23, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Hey,

i´ve a problem! At the moment i´m working on my bachelor thesis and i use NodeXL to import the facebook data of the participants.

Sometimes i get the error message "network couldn´t be obtained". because of that i loose a lot of time and participants for my study!

this problem often appears when i want to import the data of girls.

Why does this message appear? Do the privacy settings play a role?

How can i solve this problem?

thanks for your support!

May 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Hello,

attached you will find the error message which appears sometimes when i´m downloading a network.

Can you please help me.

Thank you

kind regards

---------------------------

SocialNetImporter

The network couldn't be obtained. If the problem persists please copy the following message and report it to http://socialnetimporter.codeplex.com/discussions.

Details:

[KeyNotFoundException]: Der angegebene Schlüssel war nicht im Wörterbuch angegeben.

bei System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()

bei System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

bei Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookUserNetworkAnalyzer.GetFriendsNetworkInternal(String sAccessToken, Boolean includeMe, Boolean getStatusUpdates, Boolean getWallPosts, Dictionary`2 attributes)

bei Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookUserNetworkAnalyzer.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

OK  

May 29, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Hey,

additionally the following error message appears. How can i solve this problems?

Thanks for your support.

SocialNetImporter

The network couldn't be obtained. If the problem persists please copy the following message and report it to http://socialnetimporter.codeplex.com/discussions.

Details:

[FacebookAPIException]: Service temporarily unavailable

bei Facebook.FacebookAPI.CallFQLMultiquery(Dictionary`2 queries, Dictionary`2 args)

bei Facebook.FacebookAPI.ExecuteFQLMultiquery(Dictionary`2 queries)

bei Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookUserNetworkAnalyzer.GetTooltips(List`1 friendUIDs, FacebookAPI fb)

bei Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookUserNetworkAnalyzer.GetFriendsNetworkInternal(String sAccessToken, Boolean includeMe, Boolean getStatusUpdates, Boolean getWallPosts, Dictionary`2 attributes)

bei Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookUserNetworkAnalyzer.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

OK  

May 31, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Hey,

can you please help me and response to my questions.
I still receive the error message that i posted a few days ago.

How can i solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Hello,

Probably there is a name written in characters not supported by the importer. I am about to release the new version which will fix this and other bugs.

Please check again in the next few days.

Regards,

Arber

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Hello,

Can you please try the new alpha version 1.5 of the network importer? You can find it here http://socialnetimporter.codeplex.com/workitem/648. In case the issue is not fixed please paste the exception.

Regards,

Arber

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM

there is still a problem with the 1.5 version:

SocialNetImporter

Details:

[FacebookAPIException]: Service temporarily unavailable

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookUserNetworkAnalyzer.GetTooltips(List`1 friendUIDs, FacebookAPI fb)

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookUserNetworkAnalyzer.GetFriendsNetworkInternal(String sAccessToken, Boolean includeMe, Boolean getStatusUpdates, Boolean getWallPosts, Dictionary`2 attributes)

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookUserNetworkAnalyzer.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
OK  

regards janis

Jun 18, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Hello,

New user to NodeXL.  I am having difficulty importing my personal Facebook page.  When the error appears, there is a long paragraph of details, followed by a code 500 error.

Any help?

Best,

PA

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Hello PASunter,

The code 500 error means that Facebook servers are overloaded. You should try again later.

Regards,

Arber