Timeline importer - description and functioning

May 10, 2015 at 12:00 PM
Dear all,

Thanks for the new release of the importer which still allows us to gather data in spite of FB API changes.

I was wondering if you could provide a short description of the Timeline importer: I have tried to use it but it does not download any tie. I am not sure if this is because no activity on my timeline matches the importer requests or if i made some mistake at some point.

thanks in advance
elena
Coordinator
May 15, 2015 at 5:18 PM
Hello Elena,

the Timeline importer is supposed to analyze posts in your wall (posts that you have authored or you are tagged in).
Do you get any error while downloading data? If so please paste the error here. Otherwise you can check in Facebook if there is activity (likes or comments) for the posts you want to download. If there is activity and none is downloaded please tell us so we can do some more debugging.

Regards,
Arber
May 18, 2015 at 8:15 AM
HI Arber,

thanks for your reply.

Indeed there is some activity in my FB page - but when launching the importer (i select all possible ties to be drawn) the software run but, in the end, i do not get any tie.
My thought is that maybe there is a conflict with privacy issues (my timeline is friends except acquientances) or a technical problem. what type of info do you need to sort this out?

thanks a lot
elena
Coordinator
May 18, 2015 at 12:09 PM
Hello Elena,

it was an old permission problem. In the upcoming days (1 or 2) there should be a new version of the importer which will fix this problem.

Regards,
Arber
Coordinator
May 18, 2015 at 5:29 PM
Hello Elena,

here is the updated version of the importer that should fix your problem https://socialnetimporter.codeplex.com/releases/view/612655

Regards,
Arber
May 19, 2015 at 10:10 AM
Grazie Arber,

I'll test it and let you know how it goes.
You guys are magical :)

elena