Error downloading data from facebook

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:30 AM
I am trying to download data from facebook and everytime get the following error. Please help.

NodeXL
' An unexpected problem occurred. If it occurs again, please copy the A details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http:/’,/'www.codeplex.com,r’NodeXLfThread,/'List.aspx.

Details:
[XmlException]: The id "[No Name]" exists for two "node" XML nodes. Node id values must be unique.

at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphMLGraphAdapter.ParseVertices(lGraph oGraph, XmlNode oGrapthnlNoder XmlNarnespaceManager oXmlNamespaceManager, Dictionary? oGraphMLAttributeDictionary)
at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters,GraphMLGraphAdapter.LoadGraphCore(Stream stream)
at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphAdapterBase.LoadGraphFromStream(Strea rn stream)
at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphAdapterBase.LoadGraphFromFile(String filename)
at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.PlugInManager.TryGetGraphFromGraphDa taProvider(Object graphDataProvider, IGraph81 graph)
at Smrf.N0deXL.ExcelTemplate.ThisWorkbook.ImportFromGraphDataProv ider(0bject graphDataProvider)
Coordinator
Nov 21, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Edited Nov 21, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Hello,

can you please specify the importer you are using (timeline, fan page, group)? Have you downloaded the latest version (there was an update 1 week ago https://socialnetimporter.codeplex.com/releases/view/134889)?

Regards,
Arber
Apr 1, 2015 at 12:32 PM
Edited Apr 1, 2015 at 12:58 PM
I have the same issue, using 2.0

I am currently doing Facebook Group importer.

An unexpected problem occurred. If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http://www.codeplex.com/NodeXL/Thread/List.aspx.

Details:

[XmlException]: The id "[No Name]" exists for two "node" XML nodes. Node id values must be unique.

at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphMLGraphAdapter.ParseVertices(IGraph oGraph, XmlNode oGraphXmlNode, XmlNamespaceManager oXmlNamespaceManager, Dictionary`2 oGraphMLAttributeDictionary)

at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphMLGraphAdapter.LoadGraphCore(Stream stream)

at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphAdapterBase.LoadGraphFromStream(Stream stream)

at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphAdapterBase.LoadGraphFromFile(String filename)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.PlugInManager.TryGetGraphFromGraphDataProvider(Object graphDataProvider, IGraph& graph)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.ThisWorkbook.ImportFromGraphDataProvider(Object graphDataProvider)
Apr 13, 2015 at 3:12 AM
Edited Apr 13, 2015 at 3:12 AM
Just a quick update, we have been extracting the data for a Facebook Group, turns out that there are "troubled" posts where someone might have deleted their post/acct/set privacy setting to private to make it turn out this way.

We ended up in manually extracting certain brackets of dates, and narrowing the range if there is an error to get a clean pull and "skip" over the troubled posts.

If there is a way to automate this error handling in the next patch, it will be great =)
May 5, 2015 at 5:59 PM
I am also having this same error using the latest version of the importer. I have only asked one days of data (3 posts) and it either stalls on step 7 or 8 or returns this error.
Coordinator
May 15, 2015 at 4:59 PM
Edited May 15, 2015 at 4:59 PM
Hello,

can you please specify the fan page/group name and options you selected so we can reproduce the error?

Regards,
Arber
May 15, 2015 at 5:17 PM
I was trying to import data for posts on the Baltimore Orioles Facebook page for April 28 -
May 15, 2015 at 5:19 PM

I was trying to import data for posts on the Baltimore Orioles Facebook page for April 28 -

>>> "arber" <[email removed]> 5/15/2015 12:59 PM >>>

Hello,

can you please specify the fan page/group and options you selected so we can reproduce the error?

Regards,
Arber

Coordinator
May 18, 2015 at 12:07 PM
Hello,

I am not able to reproduce the error with the information you provided. Can you please specify also the options you selected (what vertices, relationships and edges you selected to create as well as the date range and the limit if there is one)?

Regards,
Arber
May 18, 2015 at 1:08 PM
I just used name - and user and relationship comment on and edges - users who commented on the same post.
for one day - April 28th - which had 3 posts on the Baltimore Orioles 16329389989
Coordinator
May 18, 2015 at 5:26 PM
Hello,

there is an updated version of the importer (https://socialnetimporter.codeplex.com/releases/view/612655).

Regards,
Arber