Basic Installation

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:24 AM
Thanks for this project.
I have NodeXL Excel Template 2014 on Excel 2013 x64

Though, this installation directory does not exist:
C:\Program Files\Social Media Research Foundation\NodeXL Excel Template\PlugIns

So, where do the DLLs go?

(The Node XL template is buried in C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\DYG6V12O.T5C\ZWRVP058.Z0C\smrf..vsto_5b6b2c938fdf48d2_0001.0000_51616de513eca226\DeployedTemplate\NodeXLGraph.xltx)
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2014 at 7:42 AM
Hello,

usually on x64 machines the installation folder for NodeXL is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Social Media Research Foundation\NodeXL Excel Template\PlugIns

please check this folder and if you still have any problem contact us.

Regards,

Arber
Apr 29, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Hi,

I've got exactly the same issue on Windows 7 32-bit.
I've created the folder myself, but that doesn't seem to do the trick either.

Hope you can help,
Geert
Apr 29, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Edited Apr 29, 2014 at 12:48 PM
arber wrote:
Hello,

usually on x64 machines the installation folder for NodeXL is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Social Media Research Foundation\NodeXL Excel Template\PlugIns

please check this folder and if you still have any problem contact us.

Regards,

Arber
Hi Arber

Neither the C:\Program Files (x86)\Social Media Research Foundation\NodeXL Excel Template\PlugIns. nor the C:\Program Files\Social Media Research Foundation\NodeXL Excel Template\PlugIns directory is on my system. I have an independent installation on another Windows 8 machine, and same story. This installation is the latest 2014 NodeXL software.
Apr 29, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Hi guys, I had the same issue, downloaded the latest version of NodeXL today and I don't have that folder. My installation has ended up here:

~\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

So I did the following:

1) Unzipped the Social Network Importer files to that location
2) Open NodeXL and navigate to the NodeXL -> Data -> Import -> Import Options tab and entered that full directory address in the empty box and clicked 'OK'
NodeXL file path
3) Closed NodeXL then reopened it

I then had the social importer options.

It looks like you could unzip those files anywhere as long as you point NodeXL to the correct directory.
Marked as answer by MarkTab on 5/1/2014 at 7:44 PM
Apr 30, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Thanks megfitz!
Worked for me as well.
May 2, 2014 at 2:43 AM
Hi Megfitz

That solution worked -- I did not choose the same directory you did, but the dialog box provided a way for me to say where I wanted to put the plugins. The previously-made directory is not being installed in the latest NodeXL. Though, anyone can specify where the data importers could all be placed.
Marked as answer by MarkTab on 5/1/2014 at 7:44 PM