Facebook API Exception Error

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Hi folks

I'm pretty new to SMI though have used nodexl in the past for Twitter data etc. When trying to import anything from Facebook for the first time today, i'm struggling against a [FacebookAPIException] error... It seems very similar to the issue outlined here.

I get this no matter what option i try to import. I've tried on the V1.7 and also the Alpha 1.7.1 version as seen here

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Euan
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Hello!

Can you share the page or group that you are interested in?

We can try the query and see if we get similar results.

Thanks for the interest in NodeXL and Social Network Importer projects!

Regards,
Marc
Jun 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Hi Marc

Thanks for getting back to me. I've tried it for my own personal network and also for a couple of other pages.
Here's an example of a page I tried yesterday.

Thanks
Euan
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Hello Euan,

can you please try now and see if the importer works? On those days Facebook had some issues with the API and probably that was the cause. If the error continues please copy the whole message and paste it here so we can debug.

Regards,
Arber
Mar 19, 2015 at 5:05 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2015 at 5:07 PM
Hello Arber,
I am also having issues with obtaining the data from Facebook Groups due to the Facebook API issue/

What could be the problem?

Here's the URL of the NodeXL error message.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byf5pvtpJop4MEJaR3JwNXlDS0k/view?usp=sharing

Many thanks,
Helmi
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2015 at 7:13 PM
Hello,

the problem is that Facebook planned to shut down old v.1.0 of their API by the end of April 2015, but I don't know for what reasons they decided to shut it down one week ago without notice.

We have been busy switching all calls to the new API and finally we completed it!

You can download the new importer (v.2.0) and get back to download your networks.

Regards,
Arber
Mar 20, 2015 at 10:47 AM
Hello Arber,
Awesome! Have tried it out. Works like a charm :)

Appreciate the work you guys do!

Thanks again,
Helmi