Issue with importing personal network from Facebook

Nov 6, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Hi

I am trying to download my personal network on Facebook. (1100 friends)

I am using v1.6 and I am facing the following issue:

When I try to import my network, I am able to do so; however when I try to import my network along with wall posts (by checking the 'get wall posts' option), the system shows the following error - 

""the network could not be obtained. Details:

[IndexOutOfRangeException]: Index was outside the bounds of the array

How should I go ahead?

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Hello,

thank you for reporting this issue. We will check and return to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Arber

Nov 8, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Thanks Arber

Coordinator
Nov 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Hello,

we just released a new version (1.6.1) of the SocialNetImporter which includes fixes for several reported bugs as well as the bug you reported.

Regards,

Arber

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Testing version 1.6.1 - I too am getting [IndexOutOfRangeException]: Index was outside the bounds of the array error message.

Maybe it doesnt support non english characters? My data contains Hebrew UTF8 characters.

It works only for friends information only. status update or wall posts cannot be imported.

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Hello,

can you please specify the options you selected (Name/ID of Fan page, attributes, type of network, and nr of posts to download) so we can try to debug?

Regards,

Arber

Dec 21, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I am having the same issue with my own network.  Using version 1.6.1, which I downloaded earlier today.

I am getting a FacebookAPIException.  I would paste the error here, but I cannot copy the text.  I snapped a capture of the message, but cannot paste it in here.

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Hello,

to copy the text of a dialog box do the following:

- Select the dialog box

- Hit Ctrl+C (the whole text will be copied to the clipboard)

- Paste the copied text here

If this doesn't work you can make a screenshot and open an issue in the "Issue Tracker" tab of the codeplex project page. Use the upload files option to upload the screenshot.

Regards,

Arber

Dec 28, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I know how to copy and paste. The text of the error message was not selectable. I thought I stated that I did a screen capture of the error message and posted it, but maybe I did not post it in the right place.
Now I am trying to open the project page and I am getting DNS error messages.

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 6:44 AM, arber <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello,

to copy the text of a dialog box do the following:

- Select the dialog box

- Hit Ctrl+C (the whole text will be copied to the clipboard)

- Paste the copied text here

If this doesn't work you can make a screenshot and open an issue in the "Issue Tracker" tab of the codeplex project page. Use the upload files option to upload the screenshot.

Regards,

Arber

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (socialnetimporter@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email socialnetimporter@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com