Facebook Fan Page network import issues (1.6)

Nov 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I am attempting to import the fanpages "mittromney" and "barackobama" for comparison purposes. Here is a sample error I get. Recently it has been occurring after it supposedly collects all the attributes. With Obama's it occurred both when I was doing the two most recent posts and posts from October 30th, and seemingly independently from the attributes checked (it occurs when none are selected).

http://i.imgur.com/oPhDO.png

Nov 5, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Also, a different error message when attempting to download posts on the 30th from Obama's page:

---------------------------
NodeXL
An unexpected problem occurred.  If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http://www.codeplex.com/NodeXL/Thread/List.aspx.

Details:

[XmlException]: A "data" XML node has the key "Image", for which there is no corresponding "key" XML node.

at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphMLGraphAdapter.ParseGraphMLAttributeValues(XmlNode oNodeOrEdgeXmlNode, XmlNamespaceManager oXmlNamespaceManager, IMetadataProvider oEdgeOrVertex, Boolean bIsVertex, Dictionary`2 oGraphMLAttributeDictionary)

at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphMLGraphAdapter.ParseVertices(IGraph oGraph, XmlNode oGraphXmlNode, XmlNamespaceManager oXmlNamespaceManager, Dictionary`2 oGraphMLAttributeDictionary)

at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphMLGraphAdapter.LoadGraphCore(Stream stream)

at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphAdapterBase.LoadGraphFromStream(Stream stream)

at Smrf.NodeXL.Adapters.GraphAdapterBase.LoadGraphFromString(String theString)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.PlugInManager.TryGetGraphFromGraphDataProvider(Object graphDataProvider, IGraph& graph)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.ThisWorkbook.ImportFromGraphDataProvider(Object graphDataProvider)
OK  

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Hello,

can you please specify the options you selected on the importer when you got the second error (we managed to fix the first one) so we can reproduce the error?

Regards,

Arber

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Have the updated files replaced the current downloadable files? When I try to replicate the error message that popped up with the settings I used I was getting the same one you had fixed instead,so I am thinking that if that problem is resolved it might then go to this one.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:14 AM, arber <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello,

can you please specify the options you selected on the importer when you got the second error (we managed to fix the first one) so we can reproduce the error?

Regards,

Arber

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (socialnetimporter@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email socialnetimporter@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Nov 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Hello,

we just released a new version (1.6.1) of the SocialNetImporter which includes fixes for several reported bugs.

We recommend you to download the latest version.

Regards,

Arber

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Arber,

Could it be that you packed v1.6 as v1.6.1? After updating I'm still seeing v1.6 in nodeXL menu and title bar of dialog windows. And I'm getting the same error as magicmanfk using this version.

Ricardo

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I have now updated to 1.6.1 and am trying to retrieve data. On two separate computers I am getting the same error. Here are the settings for each:

- mittromney: download 1 most recent posts, no attributes except First Name

- barackobama: download posts from November 7, 2012 to November 7, 2012, default settings otherwise

And image of error:

http://i.imgur.com/6Y96p.png

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Hello,

I think this error is caused by this bug http://developers.facebook.com/bugs/252503308192193/. However, we added a mechanism that will skip this error, but you may end up with no data at all. 

We have replaced the importer so you can re-download it and retry. Hope it works.

Regards,

Arber

Nov 26, 2012 at 3:07 PM

After updating to the newest version it seems to be working a bit better, but now I'm getting an error about time expiring for the session- any way to let it go longer (or something else)? There are a lot of posts with a lot of comments to download, and while it was taking a long time it was going.

Link to image with error: http://i.imgur.com/2fa3N.png

Text:

SocialNetImporter
The network couldn't be obtained. If the problem persists please copy the following message and report it to http://socialnetimporter.codeplex.com/discussions.

Details:

[FacebookAPIException]: Error validating access token: Session has expired at unix time 1353945600. The current unix time is 1353945612.

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.DownloadComments(FacebookAPI fb, JSONObject streamPosts) in C:\Users\arber.ceni\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkAnalyzers\Facebook\FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.cs:line 533

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.GetFanPageNetworkInternal(String sAccessToken, String fanPageUsernameID, List`1 netTypes, Int32 nrOfFirstPosts, Dictionary`2 attributes, Boolean getStatusUpdates, Boolean getWallPosts, Boolean includeOthers, DateTime startDate, DateTime endDate) in C:\Users\arber.ceni\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkAnalyzers\Facebook\FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.cs:line 286

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\Users\arber.ceni\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkAnalyzers\Facebook\FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.cs:line 2126

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
OK  

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Hello there,

this is the first time we encounter this error. The access_token provided by Facebook at login time is valid for the next 15 minutes and after that it will expire (as in this case). Usually the parsing of pages takes less than 15 minutes, but these two pages indeed have a lot of comments on their posts. A fix will be available in the following days where we will ask the user to re-login in case the access_token expires.

Thank you for reporting the problem!

Regards,

Arber

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Sounds good, thank you very much!

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Nov 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Edited Nov 30, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Hello,

we did some changes in the importer, but we are not able to test it since we always get a System.OutOfMemory error. Please go to the following link http://socialnetimporter.codeplex.com/workitem/952 and download the attached file to test the new changes.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Arber