downloading user-poster network data

Sep 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Correction of the title: downloading user-post network data

Hi,

I downloaded the user-post (comments) network data of two most recent posts from a fan page.

One thing I am curious about is that the number of nodes on the worksheet are not the same as the total of people who made comments on two posts. For example, on the fan page, the total number of two posts' commentators are 4,000, but on the worksheet only 800 nodes were downloaded.

I did download just one post with a user-post network option. Its output number of nodes were less than the number of people shown on the FB fan page.

Did I miss something?

Jinseok

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Hello,

There are two reasons why this could happen. First of all what you see in a post are the comments and not the commenters, which means that a user can make many comments. The second reason is that we can not get all the users due to privacy settings (i.e they have set their privacy settings to not be visible to other users rather than their friends) also not all of the changes are instantly available also in the API servers, it needs some time for them to be propagated to all the servers.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Arber

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Hi Arber,

Now I clearly understand.
Thank you for informing me about this.

Regards,

Sent from Jinseok Kim's iPhone