Unable to see the import option in nodexl!

Sep 21, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Hi,

I have the latest version of NodeXL (.1.177). I downloaded and included the FacebookAPI.DLL and FacebookImporter.DLL files in to my plugins folder. Yet when I start nodeXL, I donot see the option of importing from Facebook enabled in the Data import section. (I did close and restart).

Any clues on what might be wrong? I am using WIN 7 + Office 2010.

Thanks!

Sep 21, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Oh well ... I restarted my comp and 'am able to import now :P. My bad!

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Glad to hear that worked for you!

-

Marc

Dec 4, 2011 at 4:31 PM

The same to me. I've NodeXL 1.0.1.195 on Win7 Ultimate 64bit and Office 2010 SP1 (32bit) English version.

I' restarted but can't see Facebook importer...

Thanks!

Coordinator
Dec 5, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Hello,

You should paste both dll files (FacebookAPI.dll and SocialNetImporter.dll) into the PlugIns folder (which I think should be in the "Social Media Research Foundation\NodeXL Excel Template" folder under "Program Files" given that the version of NodeXL is 1.0.1.195). Then click the "Import" button on the NodeXL template and you should see two options there: "Import from Facebook Personal Network" and "Import from Facebook Fanpage Network".

Regards,

Arber

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Done, it works ! I pasted dll into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Research\Microsoft NodeXL Excel Template\PlugIns" instead (as described in the home page)...

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I also pasted the same files in C:\Program Files\Social Media Research Foundation\NodeXL Excel Template\PlugIns then it is working.

Thanks to AlvaroBusetti..

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM
I have NodeXL 1.0.1.229.. I copied both ddl's to the appropriate folder..
I restarted NodeXL and my Laptop too..

But am unable to see import from FB options on the import menu..

Someone please help..

Thanks in advance :)
Feb 27, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I have NodeXL 1.0.1.229.. I copied both ddl's to the appropriate folder..
I restarted NodeXL and my Laptop too..

But am unable to see import from FB options on the import menu..

Someone please help..

Thanks in advance :)